1.What are the recent projects that you are working on?
Currently, I’m working on Nickelodeon’s School of Rock. I play Lawrence – the techie nerdy keyboard player. During my last hiatus, I shot a couple of commercials that you may see out there. My next goal is to be in a movie.
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
I think my biggest achievement in acting so far is being a series regular on School of Rock, especially since we’re now in our third season. Some of the smaller parts I had on Mad Men, The Middle & Secret Life… led up to this. Off screen, I think my biggest achievement is being kind and thoughtful to my family and friends. That’s what’s really important in life.
3. Besides acting, what are you passionate about?
I’ve been in Scouting since I was in first grade and I’m working on becoming an Eagle Scout. I really love to read too. Sometimes I’ll read the same book a few times. And like a lot of teenagers, I’m a big time gamer – video & card games.
4. What is your preferred instrument to play? Is there one instrument you want to try?
My favorite instruments to play are the keyboard and piano. I started when I was 12. I also play around with making electronic music sometimes. I think it’d be cool to learn how to play the sax.
5. What song can’t you help but sing along to and dance?
I used to be on a boys dance crew. I love to dance, so almost any song that’s got a good beat will get me dancing. Even if I’m sitting down I’ll groove in my chair. Lately I’ve been into singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
6. The show has a great comedy element to it. Was comedic timing something that came natural to you or have you had to study at it? F
rom a young age I was always told that I have great comedic timing. But every joke is different so I’m always working on it too. Sometimes I watch older sitcoms like Friends and Family Ties or movies with Steves in them (Martin or Carell) to keep working on that skill.
7. Who are some of your musical influences?
Some of my biggest musical influences are the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns N’ Roses. Oh, and Beethoven is pretty brilliant. Also sometimes I think I’d like to be like Beca from Pitch Perfect.
8. You are a part of social media. What is your favorite part of the instant fan feedback?
The coolest part about social media and fan feedback is that I get to interact with my fans from all over the world & read what they think about School of Rock and Lawrence. But the best part is when I really make someone’s day by posting a comment just to them.
9. Where does your love of music come from?
My mom was a music teacher for years and would help out with the spring musical at our school. She encourages me to listen to all kinds of music – rock, pop, alternative, Broadway, jazz, rap and even country.
10. What can you tease is new this season with “School of Rock?”
Well there’s gonna be more awesome music – cover songs from current artists, some cool classic rock songs and some show originals. There are a few epic music videos to go with the episodes. The amazing writer’s have brought some of our real life traits into the show – like Lawrence dresses as my favorite condiment and does some of my activities. And in true Nickelodeon style, food will fly!
11. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
I’m on Instagram and Twitter as @theaidanminer.com and Aidan Miner on Facebook. They can check out my website TheAidanMiner.com and there’s an email address for fans: email@example.com.
12. How is your typical day when you are not working?
I usually get up at 5:30 on set days so when I’m not working, I like to sleep in! Then I’ll work on my cooking skills for a scout badge, do some schoolwork, go to my Jiu Jitsu & MMA classes and watch some YouTube videos on gaming. I guess I’m like most teenage boys that way. I usually read a couple chapters in bed before I fall asleep.
13. What is it like working with the cast of School Of Rock (Breanna Yde, Jade Pettyjohn, Ricardo Hurtado, Lance Lim and Tony Cavalero)?
Brea, Jade, Ricardo, Lance & Tony are all so awesome. I’m so lucky to get to work with such extremely talented actors/musicians who are so nice too. We call ourselves a “bandmily” cause we really are a band that’s a family. Movie nights at Tony’s house are the best!
14. Favorite Sports: Jiu Jitsu & Hockey
Favorite Music: Classic Rock
Travel Destination: Greece (because I’ve read a lot of books about Greek mythology)
Dream College: University of Southern California
15. As a teen actor, how do you strike the balance between schoolwork and your career?
I go to an independent school and I have a set tutor. I do school everyday we work but I don’t always get all of my assignments done in that time. I sometimes have to do schoolwork on the weekend to catch up, but I get it all done in time. Not gonna lie, it can be tough sometimes to stay focused and get my homework done, but I know I need to in order to keep doing what I love doing. Some people don’t know this, but you have to have good grades if you’re a kid who wants to be on TV.
16. Now for my last question: What do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their careers in Hollywood?
If you want to pursue a career in Hollywood – go for it! Don’t let people tell you that it’s impossible. I was told that too by some people that thought the odds were against me – but that never stopped me.