1. What are the projects that you are currently working on? Please tell us a little about it.
My current projects are Disney’s, ‘Walk the Prank’ and my YouTube channel: @thebrandonsevers. ‘Walk the Prank’ is a Hidden-Camera Comedy Prank Show where children prank unaware adults.
My YouTube channel is a combination of myself and a character I created named, “Uncle Harold.” Uncle Harold is in his mid-seventies, has a fun and quirky personality and, always references things back to the Vietnam War and to vinegar. Oh and by the way, Uncle Harold despises lettuce; he calls it the devil’s food. Both projects bring me joy.
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
My biggest achievement in life, so far, was my booking of the Disney show, ‘Walk the Prank’! In fact, I remember the first thing I told my managers and agents after being asked, “How do you feel?” My response was, “I can’t feel my legs!” So, I would most definitely say that booking and working ‘Walk the Prank,’ has been one of my biggest life achievements.
3. Besides acting, what are you passionate about?
My other passion, I would have to say, is music. I feel like music, opens the soul to new things, while set to a jazzy beat.
4. Would you please tell us a little bit about your character in ‘Walk the Prank?’ How would you describe him?
My character, “Dusty,” on ‘Walk the Prank,’ is a boy who loves pranking with his 3 best friends who call themselves, “Walk the Prank.” Dusty isn’t the smartest kid around. He doesn’t like school, and the only reason he goes to school, is to hang out with his friends and to laugh at his eccentric teachers.
5. Why and when did you decide to start you acting career?
There has always been a bit of a dramatic side to me, and my passion for acting was always greater than all the other things I enjoyed doing. I also had a great memory and wanted to do something that combined my memory skills with my ability to be dramatic. And well, I started acting when I was 8 years old.
6. If you could travel the world with anyone whom would you take?
I would take my father. My father passed away over 2 years ago. So, if I had the opportunity to take anyone around the world with me, it would definitely be my father!
7. Please tell us what do you feel is the biggest challenge in your acting career?
The biggest challenge of my acting career is occasionally having to deal with negative
people. Despite the negativity, I often seek to find the brighter or better side of the person no matter how they’re acting or treating others in the moment.
8. So many young actors are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
I enjoy charity work more than most things. I feel humbled when I’m allowed to do charity work. I don’t have a favorite charity because I love them all! The more the merrier.
9. As a teen actor, how do you strike the balance between schoolwork and your career?
School is very important to me, in fact, it is one of my top priorities. Each day I make sure I finish all my school work and homework, in between filming blocks on ‘Walk the Prank.’ Finding a balance between schoolwork and career can be tricky but, I think I’ve found mine.
10. If you were not a teen actor, what would you be up to now?
I would probably be working at my favorite coffee shop, so I could grab of cup of decaf and read my favorite book on my break.
11. If you have the chance to choose any other stars at your age to be your classmate, whom would you like to?
I would choose The Rock, for sure. The Rock is so funny and buff. I bet, by his size alone, he could get us out of having to do homework.
12. Have you ever taken acting classes before? And do you think acting classes are necessary for aspiring teen actors or actresses?
Yes, I started my acting career and took acting classes at Hollywood Access, Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada. I feel like acting classes are a necessity to any actor, at any stage of their career.
13. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
I have a Facebook fan page where my fans can message me and I answer them personally. My fans can also interact with me on the following social media sites:
14. My Favorites:
Favorite Sport: Basketball
Favorite Music: R&B
Favorite Travel Destination: Hawaii
Favorite TV Show: Once Upon a Time
Dream Colleges: Juilliard or Berkeley
15. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their careers in Hollywood?
I would say, in the words of Winston Churchill, “Never, never, never give up!” I know it sounds a bit cliché but, it’s the best advice that anyone can give. Also, don’t ever let anyone set your boundaries for you. Set your boundaries as big and as wide as you want them to be. And if anyone tells you “no,” it’s just because they are afraid to say, “yes.”
Follow Brandon Severs on all social media!