1. What are the projects that you are currently working on? Please tell us a little about it.
I just finished filming my own TV show with the DanceOn TV Channel and also VerizonGo90. It was an amazing experience & I am excited that it will show off my hip hop dance skills. Sorry I can't tell you more about it but stay tuned, DanceOn will be announcing & promoting it soon!! It's going to be lit
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
Being a KidzBop kid for the last three years has been my biggest achievement so far!! We toured the nation performing in 163 live shows, 123 cities, & 48 states!! I recordered 9 CD's (KidzBop 25-33) that were all in the top 10 on the Billboard charts. We shot multiple music videos that have millions of views on YouTube. We had the honor of opening for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall & got to perform on the Today Show!! We also had a Sirius XM channel. It was an amazing experience that has prepared me for my future goal of being a solo artist.
3. Besides singing, what are you passionate about?
I started dancing when I was 7 years old so that is something I am definitely passionate about. I also love to act & have recently been auditioning for some big & exciting roles!! I also play piano and write songs. I produce all my own music, I can programme the music, record the vocals and produce the finished record!
4. What have you learned since you became a celebrity?
I choose not to get caught up in status or view myself as a celebrity. I like to stay focused & keep working hard because I have a lot of goals to achieve to get to where I want to be. I have learned that this business is not easy & requires a lot of hard work & dedication to make it.
5. Why and when did you decide to start your singing career?
I started dancing at 7 years old. I taught myself how to play piano off YouTube at 9 & started singing to the songs I learned on piano. I dance, play the piano, & sing all through the love of music. KidzBop gave me the opportunity to start my career & do what I love which is perform & share my passion with others. I am blessed to do what I love!!
6. If you could travel the world with anyone whom would you take?
I just recently went to Italy for vacation & had a blast with my family. We have so much fun together & there never seems to be a dull moment. If I could choose anyone, I think Ellen DeGeneres would be cool to travel the world with!! She is really funny & would have lots of good stories. I think we would have a blast!!
7. Please tell us what do you feel is the biggest challenge in your singing career?
So far my biggest challenge has been singing through puberty!! It is really hard to sing when your voice is changing. I think I have grown a foot in the last year & my voice has dropped a lot!! The best way to overcome it is to do my daily vocal exercises.
8. So many young celebrities are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
I am involved in many charities & feel that it is important to give back & inspire others. I am on the board of a charity called Hearts of Maya which provides educational scholarships to youth in financial need who have a desire to pursue music, acting, or dance. I have performed to raise money for City House which is a homeless shelter for kids in Frisco, Texas. When I was out on tour with KidzBop we had the honor to perform & visit childrens hospitals that treat terminally ill kids. When I have time I like to visit local elementary schools with my dad. I sing & dance for them & we talk to them about finding their passion, being extraordinary, & inspiring others. Doing charity work will always be a part of me & it is very fulfilling to make a difference for others in need.
9. As a teen celebrity, how do you strike the balance between schoolwork and your career?
It is very hard to balance my career & do schooling. Schooling is very important. I am able to do it by being homeschooled. I do my schooling with an online program called K12. When on tour or on set, a set teacher is always provided which adds extra help if I need it.
10. If you were not a teen singer, what would you be up to now?
Since I love to sing, dance, act, & model. I have other options besides just singing. My goal is to be able to do all of them in the future. Kind of like a Justin Timberlake.
11. If you have the chance to choose any other stars at your age to be your classmate, whom would you like to?
Ohhhh, good question, that's a tough one!! I am friends with Maddie Ziegler & she is really nice. She is a dancer & actress so we have a lot in common. I think she would be a good classmate.
12. Have you ever taken singing classes before? And do you think acting classes are necessary for aspiring teen singers?
I have been taking singing, dancing, acting, & music lessons for many years now. I think it is very important to work on your craft if you want to get better. There is always something to learn & room for improvement.
13. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
Social media is a big part of my life & it is a great way to connect me with my fans!! I love my fans & am so thankful for them. They inspire me to keep doing what I love & help support me chase my dreams. My Instagram & Musical.ly accounts are @GrantKnoche. My Twitter & SnapChat are @GrantCKnoche. I have a FaceBook Artist page under GrantChristian Knoche. Finally my YouTube account is under Grant Knoche.
Favorite Sport: Dance
Favorite Music: Pop & EDM
Travel Destination: Bora Bora, Tahiti
Favorite TV Show: Stranger Things
Dream College: Berklee College Of Music
15. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their singing careers?
Sing because you love it & you are passionate about it. Work really hard & don't take "NO" for an answer. Inspire & help others along the way. You can do it!! Best of luck