Louis was born in Orlando, Florida and is the middle of three children. He has an older sister and a younger brother. Landing his first commercial at the age of 9, he has been in several commercials, short films, web projects and print ads. His big opportunity came when he landed the role of "Robbie Miller" which he played on all 4 seasons of the Nickelodeon show "Every Witch Way".
1. What are the projects that you are currently working on? Please tell us a little about it.
I can’t really tell you about any projects due to Non-Disclosure Agreements. However, I did just finish “In Sanity, Florida” which also stars Burt Reynolds, so that was a fun time! I learned so much just from being in the same scenes as he was…his ability to improv is amazing. And he changes each take by doing little things with his character…it was crazy to watch.
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
Just becoming an actor and my 4 seasons on Nickelodeon were both great achievements so far. It’s about the journey, not just about getting there, so I think that I become a better actor every day and look forward to what is next.
3. Besides acting, what are you passionate about?
Video games, LOL! And I actually love to debate and want to be a lawyer like my mom.
4. How do you prepare for a role?
Always study the script first, then examine your character to see what you can do to make it interesting to watch. Then I memorize my lines and recite the lines with “character” in my voice and in my actions. I have to be prepared to change the way I do anything in case the director asks for something different.
5. Why and when did you decide to start you acting career?
I’ve always wanted to act as far back as I can remember. But I finally started when I was 8 by attending an acting camp given by Adrian R’Mante (Disney’s “Suite Life of Zack and Cody”). For 6 weeks we were trained by very talented actors in all aspects of the job, from improv to cold readings of scripts. After that camp, I got a manager and 1 month later booked my first national commercial. I booked Nickelodeon’s “Every Witch Way” when I was 10.
6. If you could travel the world with anyone whom would you take?
Definitely my family…I have an older sister and a younger brother, and we would all love to go to Italy!
7. Please tell us what do you feel is the biggest challenge in your acting career?
Well, for me, the biggest challenge is getting up early in the morning to do auditions or be on set! But if you are passionate about something, you do it anyway.
8. So many young actresses are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
I am a huge supporter of No Kid Hungry (nokidhungry.org) that has a goal of ending child hunger. I have done charity signing events and even attended bake sales in order to help their cause.
I am also very pro-law enforcement since my dad is a Sheriff’s Deputy.
9. As a teen actor, how do you strike the balance between schoolwork and your career?
I am in virtual school because even when you have an acting job, you are required to go to school each day on the set. In this age of great technology, that allows me to continue acting while I maintain my school grades. My parents and even my sister are always there to help me and keep me on track.
10. If you were not a teen actor, what would you be up to now?
Well I’d be a freshman in school with a goal of becoming either a lawyer or a biologist.
11. If you have the chance to choose any other stars at your age to be your classmate, whom would you like to?
Michael Campion, Levi Miller, Soni Bringas, Landry Bender
12. According to your Instagram and Twitter post, it seems that you’re good friends with both Michael Campion and Soni Bringas. Would you like to describe your relationship with them and how you feel about them?
Michael and I have been best friends since we were 10 years old when we booked a Publix Supermarket commercial together. We pretty much do everything together if we are in the same city at the same time! Since I’m in LA right now, we hang out a lot playing video games, seeing movies, or going to theme parks.
I met Soni during the first season of Fuller House when I was on set with Michael. We became friends from day one and since she’s also a gamer, she plays video games with us all the time.
It’s nice having friends who are in the acting business because they understand things that other kids will not really understand. Plus, they support you in whatever you do!
13. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
My Twitter is: @TheLouisTomeo
My Instagram is: @louis_tomeo
My Facebook page is: Louis Tomeo
My fanmail address is:
c/o Margot Menzel, Primary Wave
10850 Wilshire Blvd., #600
Los Angeles, CA 90024
I try to be responsive to all the fans that interact with me. It’s something I learned when I was on Every Witch Way. I wouldn’t be here without them, so I appreciate them.
Favorite Sport: Orlando City Soccer, I also like hockey (New York Rangers) and football (Alabama Crimson Tide).
Favorite Music: right now I like “Eden Project” and of course 80’s rock like Journey and Def Leppard.
Travel Destination: Los Angeles
Favorite TV Show: Empire
Dream College: University of Central Florida
15. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their careers in Hollywood?
Do not give up. In this business, you will hear 99 “no’s” for every 1 “yes”. Keep working on your skill and keep your eyes on your goal. And surround yourself with people you trust and that will support you.
Never, ever, ever lose sight of what you want because being an actor can easily shut you down, but keep a balance. The moment you lose sight is the moment you start to give up.
Follow us on both Twitter (@Teen_Insider) and Instagram (@teenweeklyinsider)