1. You grew up with music but what made it the right career for you?
It's all I really have known since I've been very young. Singing made me feel confident and happy. It was something I could always do well, and something I felt was a gift from God that not everyone was blessed with. I knew that if I wasn't using the talent in one way or another it would be disrespectful to Him. The acting, and dancing kind of just came along with it.
2. What do you do before being discovered by Nick Cannon?
I was discovered at 12 years old, so simply was a kid! Hanging out with friends, going to school but most importantly training!
3. What are you hoping the audience to take away from it once the album is out?
Right now I'm focused on another single. I just want people to be inspired by my music & my life and encourage people to follow their dreams no matter what others think or say.
4. As a music fan, who are your major influences?
Major influences are Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, I'm also a big fan of Alesia Cara & Bruno Mars.
5. What do you feel is your biggest achievement?
Probably keeping my focus through the industry and growing up in it. I've seen so many young people fall into drugs, and lose their Faith and family, and that's so hard to watch for me. I think I'm very proud of the relationship I've kept with my family & the set path I've stayed on through all the temptation. I love that I've stayed true to myself & never sold myself out for this industry.
6. What do you feel is your biggest challenge in your singing career?
Probably that I'm a straight shooter. Being in the industry, higher ups loooooove to tell you how something should or shouldn't be, but I'm not willing to allow myself to be put down or disrespected in anyway. I'll tell it like it is!
7. If you have chance to travel the world with anyone in the world, whom would you take?
Oh wow! Ummm, probably my baby brother (not so baby, he's 17 lol), but he's been my best friend since day one, were always there for each other. I know he'd love to see the world.
8. How is your typical day when you’re not working?
I'm always working! Haha, but when I'm not, I'm swimming in my pool, hanging out with my dogs, working out, running errands. Just kind of relaxing!
10. So many celebrities are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
I'm a big fan of human trafficking. I think it's absolutely sick that people are being traded like product. I've worked with Somali Mam Foundation a bit. I'm also a huge fan of dogs & cats, so I've been a celebrity ambassador & involved with Best Friends Animal Society for a couple years now. There are so many other things I'm passionate about but haven't been involved with yet, like our Armed Forces. Cancer, special needs and homeless organizations.
11. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
I have a new App which I'm so Excited about. It is run entirely by me, and I give my fans a lot of exclusive content which cannot be found anywhere else. You can get it from the App Store (iTunes or Google Play) and you can download it for free!
You can reach me on twitter: @realmandyrain & Instagram: @themandyrain. I love communicating with my fans!
12. What have you learned since you became a celebrity?
Patience for sure. Everything in this town is stop and go. You have to roll with it and take time for yourself along with work your butt off!
13. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their singing careers?
This industry is hard work. It will chew you up and spit you out if you don't work your butt off and push through every "No" you hear. Don't get discouraged, just keep trying until your dreams come true!