Tenzing Norgay Trainor is best known for his role Parker Rooney on Disney hit '' Liv and Maddie''. He is the grandson of Tenzing Norgay, who first reached Mount Everest in 1953.
1. In addition to “ Liv and Maddie”, what are the projects that you are currently working on?
Right now I am going to high school after working four years straight. I have a couple things I am working on, but they have not been announced yet so I cannot say anything.
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
I do not know. I was very lucky to book Liv and Maddie. It was a fun show to work on for so long. I did just learn to snowboard, that’s big.
3. Besides acting, what are you passionate about?
I am passionate about my iPhone, soccer, and Saturdays where I do not have to do anything.
4. It’s really sad to see ‘’ Liv and Maddie’’ end after four outstanding seasons. Can we expect a spin-off show on that?
Asked Disney Channel.
5. How much of Parker Rooney is actually you? How much of a character are you playing?
A lot of me is in Parker Rooney. I would say about 95.2%. When we first shot the pilot years ago the writers sat with each of us to find out what we were like, what we were good at, and stuff. They wrote a lot of that into our characters.
6. Why and when did you decide to start your acting career?
I have some free time so… I guess I kind of fell into it. My parents put me in a theater camp when I still lived in Florida. When we moved back to Los Angeles we went ahead and got a headshot and send it to agents just because. I landed in agent and audition started happening. I then got lucky and booked a few jobs.
7. Do you have any future plans after finishing season 4 for Liv and Maddie?
Right now I am just having a good time going to high school and being with friends. In acting, you never know what’s right around the corner.
8. What are you going to miss about Liv and Maddie when it ends?
Liv and Maddie actually already ended last summer for me. That is when we finish shooting the last season. Everything that is being aired now was shot last year. What I miss most is the people. We had a great cast and crew and everyone was very close.
9. Opinion on Dove Cameron?
She is very talented and works hard.
10. What is it like playing Parker Rooney on the show Liv and Maddie?
It was probably the most fun I have ever had. Parker really grew up on the show. I spent my entire middle school years working on the show.
11. What’s your favorite scene on Liv and Maddie?
I honestly cannot pick a favorite scene. The first episode we ever shot had a refrigerator coming down the kitchen stairs. That was pretty cool. They got that in one take. It was also fun getting splattered with cake, pelted with meatballs, and having spaghetti with sauce splattered on me. I also liked flying out of the wall when coming out of the Parker tunnels in the Wisconsin house.
12. What is it like working with Joey Bragg?
Working with Joey was the most fun of the entire show. Joey and I really had a great time together working on the show. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met and very quick witted.
13. So many young celebrities are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
I am active in my family’s foundation which is called the Tenzing Norgay Sherpa Foundation. We were able to raise over $153,000 after the earthquake in Nepal. We use that to rebuild several entire villages outside of Kathmandu up in the mountains where my grandparents came from. We also set up medical clinics in remote areas of Nepal and send 10 orphaned kids to college in India. I also go to as many charitable events in Los Angeles as I am able to make when I am invited to attend.
14. As a teen actor, how do you strike the balance between schoolwork and acting career?
My parents always put schoolwork first. Whenever the show was on hiatus I would go back into regular school so that I could maintain a connection with my friends where I live. That is why it was so easy to go back to regular school when the show ended. I still had all my local friends and I was still close to them.
15. If you have the chance to choose any other stars at your age to be your classmate, whom would you like to?
Amarr Wooten and Chloe East. They recur on season four and we became very good friends. We had onset school together which was great.
16. If you were not a teen actor, what would you be up to now?
I would be up to what I am up to now. I would be going to school, playing soccer, and having a good time with my friends.
Favorite Sport: soccer
Favorite Music: wrap and hip/hop
Travel Destination: Florida
Favorite TV Show: The Flash
Dream College: UC Santa Barbara
18. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
I do not really have a fan mail address.
19. Please tell us what do you feel is the biggest challenge in your acting career?
Making sure it remains fun and does not become all business.
20. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their careers in Hollywood?
Never give up and never do it because you want to be famous. Do it because you love the work.
Follow Teen's Weekly Insider on Twitter (@Teen_Insider) and Instagram (@teenweeklyinsider)