Brec Bassinger from Nickelodeon Hit '' Bella And The Bulldogs'' talks about her acting career and family
Brec Bassinger was born on May 25, 1999 in Saginaw, Texas, USA as Brec Marie Bassinger. She is an actress, known for Bella and The Bulldogs (2015), Nickelodeon's Ho Ho Holiday Special (2015) and Status Update (2017)
1. What are the projects that you are currently working on? Please tell us a little about it.
I have a movie called Status Update coming out sometime in 2017. I am currently working on School of Rock and just finished filming a pilot presentation.
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
My biggest achievement so far would have to be a tie between Bella and the Bulldogs and graduating high school 2 years early. A lot of the hard work went into Bella and I am very proud of the final product.
I did online school throughout high school and ended up taking no summer breaks so I was able to graduate early and focus more on my college education and career.
3. Besides acting, what are you passionate about?
I am very passionate about makeup and fashion. If I wasn’t an actress, I would want to be a stylist. I love how you can express yourself though your makeup and what you wear. It’s another form of art.
4. How do you prepare for a role?
When preparing for a role I love getting inspiration from other actresses. I read a script and try to think of the character as a mix of other preexisting character. I also like to relate the character to myself in some form. The more connection you feel to a role the more natural it will be.
5. Why and when did you decide to start you acting career?
I did natural beauty pageants when I was younger where I found my love for performing. I started taking acting classes when I was 10 years old and visited LA for the first time when I was 13.
6. If you could travel the world with anyone whom would you take?
The unrealistic answer is Harry Styles, but besides him I would say one of my best friends. I am fortunate to have a few best friends and would honestly have a blast with any one of them.
7. Please tell us what do you feel is the biggest challenge in your acting career?
The biggest challenge in my acting career is defintilty rejection. This industry is FULL of rejection. From not being invited to certain events to not booking a role it is no after no. But it makes you stronger in the end and appreciate the ‘yes’ that much more.
8. So many young actresses are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
My main charity is JDRF (Juvenile diabetes research foundation). Being a diabetic, this charity has a special place in my heart. I am a national junior ambassador for JDRF and attend walks, galas, fundraisers, and everything in between! I also have done work with the LA children’s hospital and St. Judes.
9. As a teen actress, how do you strike the balance between schoolwork and your career?
Balancing schoolwork and my career is a struggle. I had awesome set teachers that helped me with my high school work. After graduating I took a year off. I just started taking college classes and it is definitely going to take some getting used to. I was initially signed up to go into class, but after booking a job during my first week of college I had to change all of my college classes to online courses. Education is so important to me and even if it takes me 8 years to get a degree, I want to keep working for one and continue finding the time to do school!
10. If you were not a teen actress, what would you be up to now?
If I wasn’t a teen actress, I would still be a senior in high school in my hometown in Texas! I would be a cheerleader and most likely part of the student council. I am still good friends with a lot of my childhood friends in Texas and it is always so refreshing to go back.
11. If you have the chance to choose any other stars at your age to be your classmate, whom would you like to?
If I could choose any other star my age to be my classmate it would be Bradley Steven Perry! I think he is one of the funniest human beings ever and he is really good at school, so I would try and get him to help me with my work…
12. Have you ever taken acting classes before? And do you think acting classes are necessary for aspiring teen actors or actresses?
I took acting classes for three years straight before coming out to Los Angeles. I don’t think acting classes are necessary but I think they are extremely helpful. My advice to anyone wanting to get into the business is to start taking acting classes! Not only will it help you on your acting skills, but it can introduce you to people in the business!
13. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
The main way fans interact with me online is Instagram, twitter, and snapchat. My Instagram and twitter are @brecbassinger and my snapchat is @brecbass. My fan mail address is 5818 Ben avenue, Valley Village, CA 91606.
Favorite Sport: to play –volleyball /// to watch- football
Favorite Music: girl power houses such as Rihanna and Beyoncé
Travel Destination: anywhere with a warm beach!
Favorite TV Show: How to get away with murder or the bachelor
15. What have you learned since you became a celebrity?
I think the biggest thing I’ve learned since becoming a celebrity is to appreciate my friends and family. It can become hard to trust people and I appreciate genuine people so much more now!
16. Would you please tell us about your role in '' School Of Rock’'?
I play Kale on School of Rock. She is a positive outgoing earth-loving girl who goes to the same school as school of rock! She become pretty close friends with all the members of the band and her positive outlook on life is always a breath of fresh air.
17. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their careers in Hollywood?
To anyone that wants to pursue their careers in Hollywood, you CAN do it! It isn’t easy, but if you truly believe and will put in the work, you can do anything.
Follow us on both Twitter (@Teen_Insider) and Instagram (@teenweeklyinsider)