Cooper Barnes is an actor and writer, known for The Perfect Host (2010),
Escape From Planet Earth(2013) and Googly Eyes (2013). He has been married to Liz Stewart since October 3, 2015.
1. Would you please tell us what are the projects that you are currently working on?
Right now we are working on a Henry Danger/Game Shakers crossover, as well as the Henry Danger animated series. I'm also working on baby proofing the house and training my daughter to not eat paper.
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
There are so many. The time that I shoved my whole fist in my mouth was pretty awesome, but I think booking Henry Danger was the huge highlight of my career.
3. Besides acting, what are you passionate about?
I'm passionate about animal rights and the rights of those who are disenfranchised, in general. I also love reading comic books and going to the movies.
4. Why and when did you decide to pursue your acting career?
When I realized that pursuing an art career wasn't going to happen.
5. How would you describe Captain Man from Henry Danger?
Captain Man is a character created by Ray Manchester to mask his insecurities. Captain Man is everything Ray wants to be.
6. What is your favorite scene on Henry Danger?
I really enjoyed the mountaintop fight scene between Jace and me during the Wall-Dogs episode. But there have been a lot of fun scenes over the years.
7. So many celebrities are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
As I said before, speaking out for those who cannot speak, like animals and people who don't yet have equal rights is important to me. I am a feminist because women are the most oppressed group of people in history, and I would encourage more boys and men to stand up for the rights of women and girls. I attend marches, participate in fundraisers, I've volunteered at shelters in the past... I and am probably a little too vocal on social media about injustices that I think need to be righted. I think the worst thing someone can do during times of trouble is remain silent.
8. How would you describe the relationship between Captain Man and Henry Hart?
I think Ray had a fairly stunted childhood, and never really got a chance to be a kid or hang out with kids his age, due to his superpowers and his crazy scientist dad. I think emotionally, Ray never developed past adolescence, and so in many ways Henry is like a peer to him. But in other ways Henry is like his little brother, or even his son. And yet at times, Henry is the one who is the parent to Ray. It's a complex relationship, and they check a lot of relationship boxes for one another.
9. If you have chance to travel the world with anyone, who you will choose?
My wife, Liz. I'd love to show her the world.
10. What is like working with Jace Norman?
The worst. Uugggghhhh!
11. If you were not an actor, what would you be up to now?
I was very close to pursuing an art career when I decided to change course after college, so I'd either be illustrating comic books professionally, or selling pictures I drew in a back alley next to a dumpster. You know, living the dream.
12. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
On Twitter I'm @CooperBarnes, on Instagram I am @therealCooperBarnes (which I know is a little douchey) and fans can write to me at my management company, Omnipop, which is in Toluca Lake, CA.
13. Please tell us what do you feel is the biggest challenge in your acting career?
Booking auditions is really tough! You probably book 5% of the auditions you go out on, which can be both physically and emotionally exhausting. I am very blessed to get to go to work every day on a show that I enjoy with people that I love. It's kind of an anomaly for an actor, and I sometimes have to remind myself how lucky I am.
14. How do you strike the balance between family and your career?
That, I'm still figuring out! My daughter was born last year and I absolutely love her and love spending time with her. And during production, my time at home is limited, so I make up for it on the weekends and on hiatuses.
15. Favorite Sport: I'm not a big sports guy, but I always enjoyed watching a good hockey or baseball game.
Favorite Music: I like all kinds of music, but some of my favorite artists are They Might Be Giants, Elvis, The Bee Gees, and Billy Joel.
Travel Destination: Costa Rica! They have monkeys just walking around amongst people, there! I love monkeys!
Favorite TV Show: Right now it's a tossup between "Saturday Night Live" (it's really good again!) and "The Walking Dead."
"Wrecked" on TBS is also really great.
16. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their careers in Hollywood?
I would encourage anyone to shoot for their dreams and not get discouraged by what anyone says to them. Prepare for a lot of hard work – much harder than you expected, because it is a very, very, very tough business to break into. But anything is possible if you push yourself and stay disciplined and never give up. The good and talented people eventually rise to the top. That being said, if you can see yourself being happy doing something else, there's nothing wrong with working in a Waffle House. Everybody likes waffles.