Molly Jackson is a prolific young teen actress with roles ranging from comedy to science fiction and horror. Performing for people since the age of four, she loves all types of acting including voice-over, TV, movies and theater.
Molly appears on Nickelodeon shows; "Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn" (as Brianna) and the "Game Shakers" (as Jenna).
Molly had a memorable role in the science fiction thriller movie "Circle" starring Julie Benz. Molly's character is an innocent child in a group fifty strangers who are held captive and faced with their imminent executions while being forced to choose the one person among them that deserves to live.
Molly was also in the short science fiction/fantasy film "The Shadow Guide: Prologue" (as Alexandria) which is expected to be made into a feature film by Seraph Films.
In addition to acting in television shows and movies, Molly has done several voices within Pixar's award winning "Inside Out" and "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" animated movies.
Molly comes from a military family and was born in Würzburg, Germany.
Molly resides in Santa Clarita and when she isn't busy acting, she indulges in her passions for rescuing dogs and rock climbing.
Photo courtesy of Molly Jackson (from Instagram)
1. What are the projects that you are currently working on? Please tell us a little about it.
Well, it is currently mid-pilot season, so I am keeping very busy with new auditions and callbacks. I have some episodes of Nickelodeon and Disney shows coming out too! I also just got done filming a couple episodes of a Netflix show.
2. Please tell us what do you feel is your biggest achievement?
I would say I have two biggest achievements, surprisingly neither are acting related. My first is skipping the fifth grade and the second is sticking with being vegetarian. I'm not sure why I count these as my biggest, but I have always been pretty proud of them.
3. Besides acting, what are you passionate about?
I am very passionate about animals! I have loved animals since the very beginning, and have always rescued and volunteered with animals with my family. I currently have five dogs and a Bearded Dragon. The dog's are rescues, but I didn't learn until after I got the bearded dragon that there is such a thing as rescued ones. So the next beard dragon I get is totally going to be a rescue!
4. How do you prepare for a role?
I first start to prepare for a role by memorizing it. It is hard to commit to the character if I still have to keep my nose in pages. After I am memorized I start thinking of the emotions I want to evoke in my audience with each passage. I try not to decide on a specific way I will say each line, but instead let the emotion control how each line comes out. Finally, about thirty minutes before each audition I start to get in to my character's mindset and put in a headset so that I can't get distracted with "Molly's" world.
5. Why and when did you decide to start you acting career?
My mom was looking for summer camps for me when I was four and I was set on an acting camp, but I had to be five. I waited a whole year and on my fifth birthday and I asked my mom if I could go to the acting camp now. She signed me up for a one week camp and the rest was history! I acted at the theater the camp was at for two years and then when I was seven I moved out to LA to pursue screen acting.
6. If you could travel the world with anyone whom would you take?
If I could travel the world with anyone I would take my mom with me. We have already traveled a good amount of places together and we agree very well when traveling.
7. Please tell us what do you feel is the biggest challenge in your acting career?
The challenges for me seem to vary per audition. There isn't really a consistent on that always stands in my way. The only one that might be considered the biggest would be my height, but it isn't always one.
8. So many young actresses are committed to public service, setting a great example for their peers in terms of being involved with charities and the community. What causes are important to you, and what do you do to support them?
Animals are my biggest cause. I support them by volunteering, fundraising, fostering, adopting, and donating. I advocate mainly for shelter dogs and I believe strongly in the saying "Adopt Don't shop". Every once in a while I will post something about how important it is to adopt and not shop. When you buy a dog from a breeder and/or pet store you are giving money to horrible cruelty. The dogs in shelters have been through so much and deserve a loving home.
9. As a teen actress, how do you strike the balance between schoolwork and your career?
Acting is so un predictable, so I can never have a steady school schedule. I am homeschooled so that helps A LOT! Pretty much I do school during any free time I have between acting.
10. If you have the chance to choose any other stars at your age to be your classmate, whom would you like to?
I would choose my all my friends! They are so much fun and really clever and smart. We would probably have to set some talking boundaries, because we are all very talkative.
11. Can you tell us a little about your role in ‘’Andi Mack’’?
I play "Iris" in Andi Mack. She's really sweet and gets along with everyone. I can't talk about it much right now, but I will keep everyone posted when my episodes will come out and how you can watch them!
12. Have you ever taken acting classes before? And do you think acting classes are necessary for aspiring teen actors or actresses?
I started in theater which taught me so much! Since I stopped theater I have always continued in acting classes. I believe that they are very necessary for everyone who wants to be an actor. Even if you are a natural, acting classes polish you and teach you the craft.
13. How can your fans interact with you online? And what’s your fan mail address?
I do a lot of live streams on my Instagram (@Molly.Jackson) and I have been interacting with fans a lot on there! I play games with them and answer all their questions. I wish live stream had a translator function so I could answer questions typed in all languages. I also interact with fans if they tag me on a post. I always try to like what people tag me on! My fan mail address is: Molly Jackson c/o New Beginnings Entertainment
18017 Chatsworth St. #404
Granada Hills, CA 91344
14. Now for my last question: what do you want to say to those who wish to pursue their careers in Hollywood?
Do not give up! I have been doing this for seven years and I plan on doing it for many more. It is a hard industry and barely any make it right away. Stick with and always put in all the work you can!
Follow us on both Instagram (@teenweeklyinsider) and Twitter (@Teen_Insider)
6. If I could travel the world with anyone I would take my mom with me. We have already traveled a good amount of places together and we agree very well when traveling.